push rod removal

-

nashvegas99

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm changing the 65 from a 1 reservoir to a 1968 valiant 2 reservoir. I removed the old MC and the push rod. Heres my question. when I removed the 2 bolts and pulled the push rod out, a brass long cylinder came with it. Now, do I remove the rod itself from the cylinder plunger and push it into the new one. Or, does the rod come out of that brass cylinder and get pushed into the new MC cylinder?

I'm guessing here, but the brass cylinder is probably the piston from the MC. I'm thinking all you need is the rod.

I'm sure someone will chime in here that has the specifics.

that's kind of what I was thinking, just not sure and I don't want to mess anything up. and I don't know how to get the rod out of the piston.

put the rod in a vise and pry the casting back w/two box wrenches, it will come out. instructions/ diagram used to come in the box and a new round rubber gasket

now if I can get the bolt size for the brass junction block going into the axle, all will be good.

that did it... thanks. now I hope the new one comes with the small rubber bushing.

I just checked and the manual master for 1965 comes with the rod and the power mater comes without the rod.

You need to check the length to make sure it is correct. There has been a lot of posts about using an adjustable push rod. I don't recall the specifics on it though.

im hopping that the modification I found to make the single a dual took that into consideration. the mod page said that the same push rod could be used. heres
hoping

im hopping that the modification I found to make the single a dual took that into consideration. the mod page said that the same push rod could be used. heres
hoping

That rubber grommet can be a b*tch to get in. Lube it well to help.

Go to a pick and pull. Any van, truck with a rear axle (mopar).

good deal thanks. so the majority of the mopars are the same even with different rearends?

An axle vent bolt is an axle vent bolt, from what I've been told. I would grab a couple just in case.

Clue me in here.... Are you changing it for the master cylinder conversion or another reason?

the brake lines were being changed because they were rusted and the lines were rusted in the junction block. tried to remove the block and the bolt broke off in the axle. got it out and everything polished and ready to go back...just need the bolt

-
Back