PushButton Trans and Dougs Headers

-

ninet64

Reaction score
I have a 64 Valiant and in the process of installing Doug's Headers. I am at the point where I'm not sure how or where the cable from the Pushbuttons should be routed.:(
Has anyone done this set up? Any information or pics would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Keith

I have put headers in larger pushbutton Mopars, but not in an A body. Not sure anyone else has tried it either. Obviously you'll want air space between the pushbutton cable and the headers. Have you done a mock fit of the driver's side header? What is the problem? Can the cable be tied out of the way? Pix?

Thanks for the response, Yes I have had the drivers header in and out several times. The very tight engine compartment as well as the tight construction of the header itself leaves no room for the cable to go anywhere else but through the header to where it would be in contact at some point with the header. I have thought of header wrap as well as wraping the cable with thinner heat wrap tape. I have however had issues with the shift cable in the past if it is not a smooth run to the trans.

Hmmm. . . . Having to go through the header doesn't sound good. D Darts ran Doug's headers, but that was in 1966, when they no longer used cable type Torqueflites. Might want to give Doug's a call. Or maybe someone who has put Doug's headers in a pushbutton Dart (or Valiant) will chime in.

-
Back