Pushrod blues.

-

dodgetkboy78

EDELBROCK HEADS SUCK!
Reaction score
Sooo, this backards turning boat motor, the guy before me used 273 mechanical pushrods and arms on a hydraulic 360 with 318 heads.......

Jeez this thing.

Anyway.

360, 318 heads, 360 pushrods eh? I just wanted to know before I go tear apart a 360 in the morning to get them, seems all I have is 318 pushrods pulled, and they are about .060 short of pushing on the lifter plunger. I swear I have used 360 pushrods on 318 headed 360's in the past...... But then again, I have been working so many hours, and trying to get this motor installed by Sunday morning, that I had to get a book out to make sure the rocker shaft nothch goes to the back on the passenger side.

I'm a damn mess I guess.

Should be the same pushrod for 318/360, your pushrods should be 7.234" long for hyd lifters w/adj rockers.......... or maybe you need special marine left handed pushrods:joker:

LOL, well...... 360 pushrods are longer, believe it or not. Use the 360 pushrods in a thin head gasket 318, and they pump up, use stock 318 pushrods in a 360, and it ticketty ticks!

So, back to the saga, the longer 360 pushrods, rockers, I parted out 3 different motors, and all were loose, 318, 340, and a 360. (just discoverd a 360 of mine has J heads, yipeeee!) So, I took the pushrods out of my daily driver.... LOL.... They are elgin cut to fits. Damnit, that tooka while too! Seems the cam has been reground, I cant think of any other reason other than the cam fulcrum is lower.

Who knows, it works, and I am going to have to live with stock rockers in my 390 for a while...

But its together, 1/4 turn in, and ready to drop in the boat.

-
Back