Pushrod measuring tool?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Not sure what its called or what not. I got the indy cylinder head kit and it came with unassembiled push rods. I found a place that will cut and install them but I need to know the name of the tool or part number for the tool so I can measure for the right length.

Not sure what its called or what not. I got the indy cylinder head kit and it came with unassembiled push rods. I found a place that will cut and install them but I need to know the name of the tool or part number for the tool so I can measure for the right length.

You mean the adjustable pushrod length tool?

Here's a Comp cams pushrod measuring instructions page if it helps also.
http://www.compcams.com/Products/CC-%27Pushrods%27-0.aspx

Ya so you can measure what length they need to be. Top half of motor is just indy ez heads, hughes rockers and hydraulic cam

Ya so you can measure what length they need to be

I think you just need the adjustable measuring tool, as that is what I see them called all the time.

See my above post, and that should be everything you need. (I think):D

Ya so you can measure what length they need to be. Top half of motor is just indy ez heads, hughes rockers and hydraulic cam

Ah ok.
If I remember right you are supposed to use a solid lifter when measuring for hydraulics.
I have seen them made by opening a hydraulic lifter and blocking the pump inside it with washers so it doesn't move when measuring.

Well he isn't a professional engine builder. He is a mechanic at a Chevy dealer and he has a olds drag car that runs 10's. The shop that did all my machine work doesn't even assemble push rods.

Well he isn't a professional engine builder. He is a mechanic at a Chevy dealer and he has a olds drag car that runs 10's. The shop that did all my machine work doesn't even assemble push rods.

:D Well then ask him who built his motor.

Just messin with ya.

He built his own :p He never heard of a kit that come unassembled or the general length of mopar push rods

Probably the longest one. 440's are very tall. I think the pushrods are in the 9 1/2" range. 400's are in the 8 1/2" range.

Oh & make sure the checker you get has the right top. Usually a cup. My rockers are cup style so you'd need a ball/ball checker in that case.

Are you sure you're builder doesn't have one? Pretty common on mopars to need custom pushrods.

Ya he isn't a mopar guys. He has a Oldsmobile. The mopar crowd around here isn't very big so I dont know any mopar builders.
Opps just noticed 440 source has one for RB engines at bottom of page :/

May want to just check with him. It's not a mopar specific tool. He likely has a set. May/may not have one long enough.

-
Back