Put my car in a car show yesterday... Was not as fun as I thought it would be

-
He will probably just end up buying one thats done. go to any show and cruise and you'll notice not very many guys under 45yo that own true muscle cars. should be a lot more cars for sale than buyers in a few more years. The overseas market is strong

Probably, which is fine, nothing wrong with buying a done car, but then any negative talk about someone actually working on or restoring their car is still pretty cheap. BTW, full disclosure, I am "only" 41. And I sure hope you're right, because I wouldn't mind having another car. Or three or four.

Don't do the car show thing, myself. I don't see the point, really. Bunch of guys standing around "showing off" their work, or what they paid someone else to do. I'd rather be wrenching on, driving, or racing my cars. But that's me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a nice car, no matter the make or model. I just don't have the desire to congregate with a herd of people, and make or listen to comments about them. As far as "Mopar" guys go, there are plenty of them that don't look twice at mine because it's a post...And most of them won't say it to me, because I'd hand them their *** by second gear! ;)

Yeah, same here, I don't really get it myself. I go to shows to look at other cars and stuff, I really don't have any desire to "show off" my car. I'd rather just drive it, and let people "appreciate it" (or look at me weird, which is usually the case, if they notice the car at all) when it's actually driving down the road. I've gotten comments and questions in parking lots and such. Get the cars out there getting people seeing them. Don't let these classics disappear from the roads!

This makes me think of a story, I once went to a show at our local Firestone Store at the local Shopping Mall entry fee was 20$ [put on by a local car show promoter] I parked and set up my show signs wiped down the car went and registered, time came for lunch so I went into the mall to grab a bite when I returned I see the guy next to me is pissed [I know him] I asked if some thing happened to his car he said no it was yours he began to tell me while I was at lunch 3 of the judges [3 of the 4 judges are older guys 1 younger guy] came and stood in front of my car he overheard them say "Christ lets not waste our time looking at this piece of ****" [the 4th judge did come and spent an equal amount of time looking at my car] I was pissed not because of their opinions but their total lack of respect, I stayed till the end and even went to one more show of theirs and the same thing happened [matter of fact I had been to a lot of their shows and never got nothing [back when trophy's meant something to me]. So I got on the internet and e mailed the promoter and complained he invited me to another show to chat I refused so he came to our Friday nite spot and apologized repeatedly, I have never gone to another one of their shows!!!!

I believe if they take your money they at least owe you the equal time looking at your car even if you don't get nothing it's the princable of the thing!!!!

I agree completely with you HemiDartGuy! I'm only 19 but ask my wife, my family and anyone who knows me, I'd WAY rather drive a classic Mopar that I can work on than the s-10 or corolla I've been drivin for the last 8 months. My parents never took us to shows or anything like that, cars just aren't really they're thing (tbh Idk where I got my love for classic American Muscle other than the sheer beauty of em) like I said, I never went to a car show till I was at least 15 and no one told me not to touch the cars or be polite, COMMON SENSE told me that!!! So like you said, age really doesn't have anything to do with the level of respect.

-
Back