Putting 8 3/4 together

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a 8 3/4 for a b body to put in my A body. It is the correct year where the spring perches are only 1/2 diff. from the A body perches. I want to know what I will need to put this thing back together. All I have are the main parts meaning. The chunk, axles, brake drums, housing. What bolts or gaskets will and I need and is this a good kit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid=4869820579659174392

Looks like im missing the bolts/nuts that hold the chunk to the housing because all thats on the housing are studs , the bolts that hold the axels to the housing if there are any and the drain plug for the chunk. Any info would be great thank you

and where can i get longer wheel studs for this B body 8 3/4?

Looks like a good deal on the kit to me. For the axle seals I paid close to $15 each. If there are studs on the housing for the pumpkin, then you only need the nuts for it. Oh ya and the fill plug, there is no drain plug, but If ya want to take it on, you can put one in the bottom very easily. There is a thread here somewhere on it.

4spdragtop

thanks so I need to find the filler plug, get that rebuild kit. The nuts for the studs. Are there anything im missing? What holds the axles in place? and where can I get the correct Wheels studs that are longer then the stock ones for Big Bolt

im also missing the nuts to hold the brake stuff to the housing. All I have are the Drums and the part the actual brake pads are connected too with all the Springs which i believe are the backing plates. I think these are 10.5 or 11in brakes also.

-
Back