putting A230 3 speed floor shift in 62 Lancer?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I will ask this question, even though the 60-2 A body is such an odd duck, I bet someone an tell me!
I understand the shifter oem used in the 60 Lancer, Valiant and why it was discontinued and went to only column shift. I hate column shifters.
I want to use this 70 A230 3 speed trans with its Inland shifter in my 62 Lancer BENCH seat. It will be awhile before the slant and trans are ready to go back in, will the seat be in the way? will I need buckets? , or can I just bend and fab the shifter to work, without it being a total NOODLE shape????

I will ask this question, even though the 60-2 A body is such an odd duck, I bet someone an tell me!
I understand the shifter oem used in the 60 Lancer, Valiant and why it was discontinued and went to only column shift. I hate column shifters.
I want to use this 70 A230 3 speed trans with its Inland shifter in my 62 Lancer BENCH seat. It will be awhile before the slant and trans are ready to go back in, will the seat be in the way? will I need buckets? , or can I just bend and fab the shifter to work, without it being a total NOODLE shape????

Just get a custom shift handle.

-
Back