Putting in a little elbow grease

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I recently put a new set of headers on my truck to fix the exhaust leak the old set had and removed this set of Mr. Gasket copper header gaskets.

I've always enjoyed recycling things most people scrap or huck in the trash into something truly cool or wonderful. After staring at them for a couple days, I threw 'em on my shelf with the plans of polishing them and maybe making bracelets out of the bottom strips. After polishing one and showing a picture on Facebook, I was contacted pretty promptly for a commissioned bracelet made out of it. So, here we go!:cheers:

Here's how they started out
YPp7jPT.jpg

Here's what they looked like when I was contacted about making one special. Hardly polished at all. That orange line was where I was gonna cut, but it was really inconsistent so I removed it and remarked it later
q0esHIT.jpg

Polished some more and ready to cut:glasses7:
5gdtpZl.jpg

Here's the bits I cut off for the bracelets. The center one will take the form of a bracelet. I kept the random scraps to make another, but don't have any leather chord to join 'em with or a solid plan for them yet
suo1nJT.jpg

Here is the finished band after deburring and some beveling of the edges. This is before I did my first engraving into it or the final polish on it.
UZEfkhg.jpg

Could engrave Mopar on it..ankle bracelets? Pentastars...

Pentastars only came on the passenger side ankle bracelets, better make sure you get that right or you'll be called out by all the "purists" out there!!!lol

Could engrave Mopar on it..ankle bracelets? Pentastars...
haha, that's actually very clever. I may have done that, but they told me what they wanted and I got crackin!

I actually have two other blanks that I have left if anyone is interested. I also can engrave almost anything as long as its slightly bigger than a pea. I'm pretty reasonable as far as cost goes and pretty fast if you give me a general idea of what you want. even faster if you give me the exact thing you want. this bracelet took me roughly 5 hours give or take from start to finish.

Here's some pics of it completed. I took several to show most of the engraving and the overall finish of the metal. This is after I engraved it twice and polished it up one final time. I do have to say it came out quite nice.

it says "Kason Alexander", her son's name.
FSfoP05.jpg

vD7StUw.jpg

mo5Tm04.jpg

0RUrKql.jpg

-
Back