Putting on 14" Beauty Rings O M G!! GRRR

-

Richie

Reaction score
How do you do this? This has to be one of the hardest things I've ever attempted to do as far as tires - wheels goes. It seems to me the only way to do this is to take the rim off of the car and maybe get another person. It's the right size and a real Mopar Beauty Ring. I got six very cheap on ebay and they're in very good shape for the price. Brushed not chromed like I like.

If they are the brushed, they sound like originals. Yes they can be a real chore to put on. Then when they are on they look like they are ready to fall off, as they don't fit tight on the wheel. When I do mine I have done it with the wheels off start the edge around the valve stem & kneel on them then push the opposite side on by hand. Pain in the A$$ but it gets the job done...LOL

I usually get one end somewhat in then bang it with my hand working it around. Just make sure the valve stem groove lines up. You can try laying a piece of wood over it and smacking it that way but good chance you will screw up the face of one. Wrap a towel around it first.

Hit with a rubber mallet from the outer edge and hold down other side with your hand as you pound. When I say outer edge I mean the edge closest to the tire. So your are pounding in sort of toward the rim and down at the same time.

Get it started a little and lean into that spot with your knee, then work around with your hands. You want to use the palm of your hand and sort of whack it around. you'll never get it on without leaning into it with your knee.

Get it started a little and lean into that spot with your knee, then work around with your hands. You want to use the palm of your hand and sort of whack it around. you'll never get it on without leaning into it with your knee.

exactly , must use the knee !!

If they are the brushed, they sound like originals. Yes they can be a real chore to put on. Then when they are on they look like they are ready to fall off, as they don't fit tight on the wheel. When I do mine I have done it with the wheels off start the edge around the valve stem & kneel on them then push the opposite side on by hand. Pain in the A$$ but it gets the job done...LOL

YA no kidding! Good I'm glad it wasn't just me. I can see why there's not a hope in hell trying to put them on with the wheels on the car :sad5:

It's all good! Love you guys. Don't go nuts with the mallet! Just use it to get them started. If they are on the car that's about the only way I know of.

Times two

-
Back