QA-1 upper control arm eccentric bolts

-

ACME SS

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone knows if the QA-1 upper control arm eccentric bolts provide more adjustment than the OEM bolts? They say they provide 2.5 degrees of camber but I'm not sure what the OEM would provide as a comparison? I can call them in the morning but I was curious if anyone was able to gain adjustment by using them? It seems like a cheaper fix than buying new UCA's. Thanks
1682298143577.png

never say never but i doubt it there is only so much space in the mount, the elongated hole the bolt passes through is constraining factor, and you need some meat in the washer so that it doesn't crack
you can't swing the cam bolt through a full rotation as its stands anyway

belive the greater castor/camber variation provided by QA1 kit is designed into the arms.

or look at it another way, if you could just change the offset of the camber bolts easily nobody would have made offset upper bushes....

dave

Last edited:
never say never but i doubt it there is only so much space in the mount, the elongated hole the bolt passes through is contraining factor, and you need some meat in the washer so that it doesn't crack
you can't swing the cam bolt through a full rotation as its stands anyway

belive the greater castor/camber variation provided by QA1 kit is designed into the arms.

or look at it another way, if you could just change the offset of the camber bolts easily nobody would have made offset upper bushes....

dave
That is pretty much my conclusion as well but I only need 1 more degree and I'm trying to keep the cost down. Thanks.

how much rake does you car have?
little higher front little lower at the rear and you may achive what you need. really depends how long or short in the wheelbase your car is...
i doubt you'll find a degree but you might find a suitable compromise

After evaluating the situation and doing some research on QA-1 control arms, I ended up ordering QA-1 uppers, lowers and their dynamic adjustable control rods. I had been trying to keep my cost down but I'm thinking of possibly selling the car this summer and I want things to be right.

how much rake does you car have?
little higher front little lower at the rear and you may achive what you need. really depends how long or short in the wheelbase your car is...
i doubt you'll find a degree but you might find a suitable compromise
The car is pretty level across the rocker panel... I pulled the trigger on new control arms since they claim they (QA-1) add 3 degrees to factory adjustment. I'm thinking my rubber bushings are probably pretty old as well so by the time I replace all the factory bushings, I could end up wasting money if they need to be replaced anyways.

Just an FYI on thier upper arms. On some cars there is a gusset on the body where the upper A-Arm mounts that will interfere with the full travel of the arm. Just grind it enough to clear.

-
Back