QA1 Opinions

-

Pito68

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Rebuilding the frt/suspension on my Duster. I bought QA1 upper control/arms,
lower control/arms, and strut rods. Also bought lower ball joints, Idler/arm and
Pitman/arm.(those in Moog). Tie/rods and sleeves are great shape. The left strut
rod is bent and both lower control/arms have too much play. and idler and pitman
arm have a good 1/4 inch of play.

What are you asking exactly? If QA1 is good quality? Then yes.

kind of seems like false economy to do all of that and reuse your tierods and sleeves-- or at least the tierod ends.

good quality parts, should drive loads better without all the clapped out parts.

Yeah that's what I'm asking. There were a little pricey. I found bushing kits for the lowers. and the stamp steel upper/arms. But the bushing/kit looks like
pain in da butt to do. So i opted on the QA1 parts.

kind of seems like false economy to do all of that and reuse your tierods and sleeves-- or at least the tierod ends.

good quality parts, should drive loa
I agree with that . I just might replace them also.

Better contact their customer service.

Right now they are in the process of finalizing their Big *** newly built Store and Warehouse in the Lakeville MN Industrial Park.

20200815_084411.jpg

Screenshot_20230725-215734_Gallery.jpg

Have to see what the order problems are, doubt they want any bad parts going out tarnishing their new businesses model.

☆☆☆☆☆

Better contact their customer service.

Right now they are in the process of finalizing their Big *** newly built Store and Warehouse in the Lakeville MN Industrial Park.

View attachment 1716119535

View attachment 1716119537

Have to see what the order problems are, doubt they want any bad parts going out tarnishing their new businesses model.

☆☆☆☆☆
Big ***. Define that. I guess bigger than big. lol

Big ***. Define that. I guess bigger than big. lol

All operations are now under one roof, instead of being at multiple locations.

Big *** Building
Just drove by it last Friday evening.

AMAZON also has their new Big *** Warehouse/Distribution Center out there a block away.

Amazon Is shutting down their newly built Shokkoppe MN Distribution Hub and are moving to Lakeville MN too.

☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited:
I've got the same parts up front on mine. Give it an alignment with some modern specs and it'll handle great

I have qa1 uppers, lowers, and strut rods on my 67 cuda. No problems with any of it. Im a straight line driving guy, so I didnt buy this stuff for good road handling. When it came time to assemble my front end, I opted to buy clean, new in box parts instead of refurbishing 50 year old stuff. For me, it was a time saver.
(i have a 1975 k frame and big bolt disc brake set on this car)

I'm doing the same thing also but I want a little more handling contemplating on the tie/rods ends cuz there no play in them but I'm replacing everything else. So replace them anyways.

I replaced my tie rods at the time just because everything else was new and the cost was minimal. I bought the aluminum QA1 adjusting sleeves as well, probably not needed and I'll be kicking myself when I need to adjust them and they are all seized up. Lol

-
Back