QA1 Stocker Star front shocks TN501

-

Mopar King

Beginner / Need of Help
Reaction score
was wondering how many of you guys use QA1 Stocker stars front shocks?

was also wondering how do you get the shocks to rise and stay rise? been reading the instructions but im stumped at the simplest thing. is there a locking mech. , do i need to turn or twist something or do i need to remove the pin at the top of the shock. sorry for this simple question but i don't see any thing holding it .

trying these for the first time but they are not like gas shock; the moment you remove the wire holding the gas shock down, it shoots up. a little insight on these new shocks? instructions were no help. these are non adjustable shocks.

Sounds like they nitrogen charged which is a good thing. If they are non adjustable what do you want to adjust? If they are the drag shocks they will be work good for weight transfer.

i don't want to adjust, just wanted to see if the shocks rise like gas shocks, that is the reason i am asking if i forgot something. i can still push both shock down by hand and they don't rise back. i am not seeing anything hold he shock and the instructions don't say much.

Do i have to pump and pull them a few times by hand before they start to work. car is still on jack stands and don't want to remove the jack stands until i know that the shocks won't sit the car all the way down.

I know this is a very newbie question and simple one but i can't seem to get it, its got me stumped:dontknow:

tried calling yesterday but called alittle to late and sat & sun is close

if they are indeed nitrogen shock maybe they came without being charged.and need to be filled.

The instructions say "Simultaneous compression and rebound adjustment" with "12 valving options" by setting the knob on the shock.
I does not say anything being gas or pressurized.
That means it will not extend on it's own just that compression and extention speed is adjustable.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 196
here is the summit page http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-TN501/

trailbeast: no those are not the shock, I don't have those with the knob. these do not have any indication of anything, they look very cool and plain. i wish i bought the adjusting type.

socaldart: Im not sure if these are nitrogen charged neither. i been planing and reading for months before i bought the shocks. different brands to different driving styles. they never mention the shocks to be filled

trying these for the first time but they are not like gas shock; the moment you remove the wire holding the gas shock down, it shoots up. a little insight on these new shocks? instructions were no help. these are non adjustable shocks.

From this description you gave they are definitely charged.

I believe that the nitrogen is in it so the oil doesnt foam shocks will not raise your car even though you cut the straps and it extends.

sorry if i confused everyone but the qa1 didn't have any straps or restriction to keep them down and collapsed inside the box. that's what was strange about them. I have a feeling these are for coil overs even though the description didn't mention anything about coilovers. I'll have to wait till Monday to get an answer from QA1 . if i wrote anything that isn't clear please let me know.

I just mention the difference from a QA1 ( didn't have anything holding them down when i removed them from their boxes) TO a normal gas shock which they put a wire to collapse them (hold them down) to fit in a small box..

i have been running them on my car for about a year. yhey really work as far as the adjustment of them. they will make a huge difference from the lowest setting to the firmest. i can honestly say i wish i would have gotten the double adjustables. i have learned alot about my suspension in the last two years racing the car hard.

-
Back