QA1 upper control arm ?

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Before installing these new qa1 arms should any sort of grease be applied on the ends of the bushings. Factory had metal on outside edge these dont

20220929_163127.jpg

Yes grease them up for install. There the arms mounts and the urethane bushing will sit, make sure this is clean and clear of debris, undercoating, weld beads, etc.

Also be aware at full drop (arm pulled all the way down to the bump stop) it might hit a gusset on the arm mounts and that needs trimmed away.

Heres a question why the heck are A body uppers double the price of B/E body uppers. Can buy them all over for $115-150 but a body are $350-450

Yes grease them up for install. There the arms mounts and the urethane bushing will sit, make sure this is clean and clear of debris, undercoating, weld beads, etc.

Also be aware at full drop (arm pulled all the way down to the bump stop) it might hit a gusset on the arm mounts and that needs trimmed away.
I noticed this after I installed mine and had everything buttoned back up. That's a hard piece to trim away with the arm in place already!

Heres a question why the heck are A body uppers double the price of B/E body uppers. Can buy them all over for $115-150 but a body are $350-450

Summit shows the same price for all of the Mopar QA1 uppers, regardless of application. $436.95. Where are you seeing the B/E body ones for under $150?

Yup, grease them up! That’s why there’s a zerk fitting too, they may need to be relubricated later.

This is the area that may need to be trimmed, the corner of this tab varied quite a bit so some cars need trimming and others don’t

549FCA61-9C1B-4AE9-B54D-A9C08BF6B1AD.jpeg

Summit shows the same price for all of the Mopar QA1 uppers, regardless of application. $436.95. Where are you seeing the B/E body ones for under $150?
Sorry I should have specified im not referring to strictly QA1 ebay in general. QA1 for Abody on ebay is $408 free shipping. But non name brand B/E BODY tubular are $112 is cheapest ones listed.

Sorry I should have specified im not referring to strictly QA1 ebay in general. QA1 for Abody on ebay is $408 free shipping. But non name brand B/E BODY tubular are $112 is cheapest ones listed.

Yikes!!!

There is exactly a 0% chance I would run $112 eBay tubular UCA’s on my car.

I’m not saying you have to buy $900 Hotchkis UCA’s either, the most expensive isn’t always the best. But having seen tubular UCA’s fail, the cheapest overseas knock off is not what I want holding my wheels on.

I mean, maybe if you want to have the welds x-rayed or something. I could be wrong, maybe they’re fine but I’d rather have a company put their name on the thing so I have somebody to contact should something go sideways.

I agree. Its questionable. as is everything now days. I was just using the process difference as an example but even so, the cheapest A body one is still mid $300range

I agree. Its questionable. as is everything now days. I was just using the process difference as an example but even so, the cheapest A body one is still mid $300range

Yeah, it’s just down to production and sales. Remember the E-body arms are actually B/E body arms, so they fit the ‘62-‘74 B bodies as well.

Yikes!!!

There is exactly a 0% chance I would run $112 eBay tubular UCA’s on my car.

I’m not saying you have to buy $900 Hotchkis UCA’s either, the most expensive isn’t always the best. But having seen tubular UCA’s fail, the cheapest overseas knock off is not what I want holding my wheels on.

I mean, maybe if you want to have the welds x-rayed or something. I could be wrong, maybe they’re fine but I’d rather have a company put their name on the thing so I have somebody to contact should something go sideways.

Agreed. Not really a fair comparison either, A body QA1 prices compared to generic eBay arms.

Definitely I agree. I was looking the other day at options but for the price qa1 was really then only one worth going with, I definitely understand the supply and demand. I was just rambling at work here just suprised. I guess it's just like rear end back braces. 9 inch braces require more cutting and are under 50 bucks and 8.75 braces are $120 and it's so simple to make but they dont sell as many so price is up.

You can blame 'inflation' as well, I think I paid $269 for my QA1 uppers from Mancini when I bought them 4 or 5 years ago. It's crazy how expensive everything has gotten this year.

Here is the only greaser that I could find that is meant to be used with urethane bushing.
This is what I used when I did my QA1 arms in my Barracuda.
And, yes the price is outrageous
Hotchkis Sport Suspension 3101 Hotchkis Sport Suspension Super Grease | Summit Racing

Less than what Prothane wants for theirs…
Prothane Motion Control Grease - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

A 14oz tube of that stuff will probably last the life of the car though

-
Back