QA1 with Big Block

-
D

DartDan67

Hello, i'm pretty new to the site and have learned a lot since joining up.
I have a question. Has anyone used the QA1 K member with a 440RB. I'm building a 67 Dart and the folks at QA1 said their K member only comes with small block mounts and doesn't no of anyone running a Big block with their product?. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I have a question. Has anyone used the QA1 K member with a 440RB. I'm building a 67 Dart and the folks at QA1 said their K member only comes with small block mounts and doesn't no of anyone running a Big block with their product?. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Trying to run all QA1 for the front suspension

Trying to run all QA1 for the front suspension

Have emailed QA1 and their response was "They have not had a Big block install with their K member" ?.
Can only hope some one on FABO has do this to their A body and can share some info.

Would it be fair to assume that if you didn't feel like fabbing and welding it up yourself, Schumacher conversion mounts could be used just as if you were dropping a B/RB into a standard K member? Or are you concerned that the QA1 K won't take the abuse?

Whatever the case, I genuinely hope you have better luck with their products...I used their K member in my '84 Mustang and wasn't even slightly impressed...it altered the track width and wheelbase which made suspension setup and alignment an enormous pain in the ***...probably would've been great for auto cross...wasn't worth a damn for the street.

Would it be fair to assume that if you didn't feel like fabbing and welding it up yourself, Schumacher conversion mounts could be used just as if you were dropping a B/RB into a standard K member? Or are you concerned that the QA1 K won't take the abuse?

Whatever the case, I genuinely hope you have better luck with their products...I used their K member in my '84 Mustang and wasn't even slightly impressed...it altered the track width and wheelbase which made suspension setup and alignment an enormous pain in the ***...probably would've been great for auto cross...wasn't worth a damn for the street.

Yes, your correct, I don't know if it will take the additional weight or torque from the big block. Schumacher said their mounts would fit, but the headers won't fit with a manual trans?, good thing i'm going auto. Not sure what to do.
Thanks for your input!

You have to use conversion mounts. IT works just fine with them.

Nope won't fit even with conversion mounts, see my thread

-
Back