Qualified machine shop

-

62 Signet

62 Signet
Reaction score
Does anyone know a machine shop who can bore a '62 aluminum 225 slant 6? I am rebuilding the engine and need to bore it 30 thousandths. I have been to several reputable shops and they all say it will require some type of reinforcing plate to secure the sleeves to the deck while they are being bored. Seems the sleeves "shimmy" when they try to bore it without the plate.

Find a shop that uses a machining center rather than a boring bar. Something like the Rottler F69. They support the block and index the bores on the crank and cam centerlines and the cutter rpm and feed rate is easilly controlled so the bores wont distort.

Does anyone know a machine shop who can bore a '62 aluminum 225 slant 6? I am rebuilding the engine and need to bore it 30 thousandths. I have been to several reputable shops and they all say it will require some type of reinforcing plate to secure the sleeves to the deck while they are being bored. Seems the sleeves "shimmy" when they try to bore it without the plate.

i would not go that much...

Yes. Cassidy Machine Shop in Macon has been in business forever and a day. they do heavy duty and industrial machine work so it HAS to be right. I know it's a ride, but it's worth it. 478 718 2222. Gary Medder is the owner. Tell him Rob Merritt told you to call. Like I said, I know it's a ride, but you will not be disappointed.

-
Back