Quality Oil Pan Gasket

-

moparmade43

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have received my Kevko oil pan for the 416, the 6 quart stock replacement. I have to say it is a very nicely made piece. Looks even better after I painted it Hemi Orange. As I was looking for a good quality gasket on summit's web page, I found mopar performance now makes a one piece rubber gasket. I really like this idea as it sounds like it will really diminish leaks. My question is, has anyone tried this gasket out? Does it seal great or leak like hell? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Will

Will I don't know anything the ones listed on Summit but I know the factory used them on the newer magnum v8's and they work fine. I bought a 93 Dakota new that had one and kept the truck for 12 yrs. and put 90,000 very hard miles on it and it didn't leak when I sold the truck. Hopefully someone else will chime in on them that has experience with these ones from Summit. I was thinking about getting one also. I haven't had any problems with leaks using Fel-Pro gaskets but you always gotta silicone the snot out of them and if you take it back apart again it's a freakin mess to clean up.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, no silicone and no leaks after 5,000 miles is worth it to me, not to mention taking it off and having a mess like you said. I went ahead and ordered it from Summit, there is only one gasket that they have available that is one piece. It says that it is for the magnum engine only, but the tech guy I talked to said that was incorrect, and it would also fit my 340. It is part number SCE-269090, price is $39.95

Well, that was a waste of time, sorry fishy, but summit was incorrect when they told me the one piece gasket would fit my 340. Their website is also incorrect, because it says that SCE gasket will fit a 340, but it is only for the magnum engines. I called SCE and asked them, and they said they make ones for the 360 and the magnum. I let summit know of their error. So, there is currently no one piece oil pan gasket available for the 340. I was left to buy the milodon crush proof 4 piece gasket, we'll see how that works.

I have tried to use the "360" one piece gasket and was not able to get it to seal. There may be slight diffrences with the magnums that makes them work but i had bad leaks at both ends when I tried to use them on a non magnum 360. Anyone looking for a one piece gasket for a magnum?

Well, that was a waste of time, sorry fishy, but summit was incorrect when they told me the one piece gasket would fit my 340. Their website is also incorrect, because it says that SCE gasket will fit a 340, but it is only for the magnum engines. I called SCE and asked them, and they said they make ones for the 360 and the magnum. I let summit know of their error. So, there is currently no one piece oil pan gasket available for the 340. I was left to buy the milodon crush proof 4 piece gasket, we'll see how that works.

Bummer... I've noticed Summit has alot of errors on their website lately. About 6 months ago I needed some pushrods and a u-joint girdle. They had both listings screwed up. Luckily I was able to check things on the manufacturers site first so I didn't get the wrong stuff.

I have a 360 (non magnum) so SCE says they have them for a 360 non-magnum? I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry again to hear your dilemma.

GREAT,,, the mopar performance gasket says its for the 340,but it states if you use a windage tray you wil need 2 gaskets,, im pretty sure thats a miss print and that information only pertains to the big block gasket,,the small block factory windage tray doent interfier with the oil pan gasket,,,

but a nice find,,, i currently use the normal felpro with no problems,, but new pan going on ill try this gasket,,,

any one have a good gasket for the timing chain cover ??? i can never keep a 340 cover from seaping,,

any one have a good gasket for the timing chain cover ??? i can never keep a 340 cover from seaping,,

What sealer have you tried? I haven't had any problems with my 360 cover seeping but I used the Loctite anaerobic (sp?) type sealer. I don't dry until you take the air away from it.

ive only tried rtv,,blue,,, and the last one i used was if i remember was ultra gray,,,what is this loctite stuff??? thanks,,,

ive only tried rtv,,blue,,, and the last one i used was if i remember was ultra gray,,,what is this loctite stuff??? thanks,,,

Loctite is the name brand. That's probably the same company that made the RTV but this stuff is different. It looks like grape jelly. In fact that's what we called it when I worked for Hyster. One thing I like about it is it will never harden if you loose the cap. It don't harden until all oxygen is removed like when you torque down whatever your sealing. It seems to work better for areas that don't need something as thick as silicone so it's not good for valve covers or oil pans but it works great on timing chain covers, thermostats, intake gaskets that need sealer, machined surfaces that don't use a gasket, rear main seals, etc. Even though it hardens it's still a little pliable so temp swings don't affect it. It cleans up easier than rtv too. I use a razor blade scraper and it comes right off. I think NAPA sells it or if you have a Hyster forklift dealer near you the Hyster part number is 313022 but of course the Hyster dealer will charge you twice as much as NAPA.

krazed, DO NOT buy that gasket, that is the one I bought, the picture is of the magnum gasket and the description says 340, it doesn't work on the 340. If you notice also, one place on there it says one piece and the description says multiple pieces. I have alerted them to fix that

so are you saying there is no one piece gasket for the 340 ?? there goes another dream,,thanks

-
Back