Quarter Panel Skins - AMD vs. Classic Industries

-

adamm

Reaction score
After looking at options for quarter panel skins (to compare against AMD), I found that Classic Industries has two available, one that is comparable to AMD in cost, the other which is almost half the cost. Is anyone able to pass on some feedback on if the "budget" skin is a good solution? Or even any differences between the two; perhaps the budget skin is made of thinner steel?

I don't need the full skin, and would be cutting sections of it out. I know AMD has a great reputation.

Car is a 74 Dart Sport.

AMD ($300): Quarter Skins | AMD 710-1372-L

CI Restorers Choice ($300): Mopar A-Body - Dart Sport Parts | MM1184B | 1972-76 Mopar A-Body Restorers Choice™ Quarter Panel Skin; RH | Classic Industries

CI ($165): Mopar A-Body - Dart Sport Parts | MM1183A | 1972-76 Mopar A-Body Replacement partial Quarter Panel Skin; LH | Classic Industries

Attached is a pic of the area (in red) that I need to replace at a minimum. The tail section could likely be handled without replacing, very minimal rot.

20170113_223611.jpg

I'm sure they are all AMD and classic buys theirs from them. They are just a parts warehouse and not a manufacturer

I'm sure they are all AMD and classic buys theirs from them. They are just a parts warehouse and not a manufacturer
Agreed with Sedanman! Most of the companies out there buy from AMD because of the quality of their products and remarket without saying they are AMD. Also, both YearOne and Summit carry AMD's products. I have been to all three here in the Atlanta area and employees that I talked to at both Summit and YearOne told me they are the AMD products.

Also, if you can find a garage near you that sells AMD products they will usually give a % discount off AMD's price because they are already getting a dealer discount from AMD. Since I live close to AMD I just go there and they give a 10% discount from buying in person. Also, the customer showroom guy that I bought from told me the more you buy in person the bigger the discount gets.

I would guess some of the cheaper ones are Goodmark ones.
I bought a drivers side for my duster and the metal seems fairly thick, I have not put it on yet, but do not anticipate any issues.

Check Tamara Parts. Huge dealer for AMD. Sell a lot on eBay. Couldn't fond anyone that could touch their prices when I got some parts for my 70 duster

-
Back