Quarter patch for front of wheel opening

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A while back I think I saw one of the online retailers selling a patch to repair the front lower section of the quarter panel.........I looked for this item for a while on line this morning and I can't find it.

This car sat outside for a number of years after having some half-assed bondo over rust body work started then abandoned.

Anybody know where I can get something like this
My quarters are solid once you get 6 inches up from the bottom of the body, so i wanted to replace the lower rear patch and trunk extensions plus the front patch....I'm kicking myself for not book marking that site

Any help will be appreciated.

DD

Attachments

• front rear wheel rust.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 263
  • bondo over flashing.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 257
Not sure of the website, but AMD makes patch panels for A-bodies

HTH

Mark
I think I'm going insane.........
Thanks, I am aware AMD makes replacement panels, But I swear I saw little patches available for the front side of the rear wheel and I'll be dipped if I can find it online anywhere!

Why not just make one out of sheet steel for that area? Looks pretty flat? Just a thought.

Ya know you're right 72. I'm not going to stress over it.........

I've never seen that patch available? I've only seen the rear lower patch panel. You'll probably have to get a skin and cut what you need.. Do not buy those made in USA panels (the light grey ones) I believe Sherman makes them. They are hand made and are terrible... I bought one for my duster once and cut it up for pieces elsewhere. They look like they were formed on a wooden dye with an air hammer. How's the rear lower quarter and trunk extension?

Like zkx14 said, I bet your outer rocker is rotten judging by that rust. Usually when the quarter rots there, the outer rocker in behind it is gone as well.

The lower rear of the quarter and trunk extensions are rotted through on both sides but I already ordered the new trunk extensions and quarter patches.
I'll cut the front sections out and have look next week.

Year One had them about three years ago I think. On phone doing this, will look with PC later.

-
Back