Question, 3 2 barrel throttle bodies on V8

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
would it be possible to use 3, 2 barrel throttle bodies being driven by a v6 multi point computer on a V8? I would see if it could be reflashed so would act like a 6 pack set up with center 2 as primary then progressive secondary's. And yes, only using it to for the fuel, not the ign.

Last edited:
From my readings for Megasquirt, usually the injector drivers used in computers can only drive 2x "TBI" style injectors since they have a different impedance than MPFI style. The other thing with EFI is that you'd not want progressive linkage on a TBI setup. It's actually OK on a "dry flow" 4bbl throttle body with port injectors, but otherwise, they should be 1:1.

If you want EFI for any reason other than better cold starting and drive-ability, I'd jump directly to a multi-port setup.

Six Pack EFI? On my wish list! :thumbsup:

F&B Throttle Bodies - Fuel Injection components and 6pack EFI for Magnum engines, 4.7 engines, Vipers, 4.0 Jeeps, and the Hemi

6pac_anim2.gif

thanks for all the replies, was just thinking outside the box as usual.......and am just looking for better cold start and drivability.

-
Back