Question about 383 / A-Body

-

DieWilde13

Reaction score
I ask myself what i have to do to build a Bigblock into my 70 Dart?
The Powersteering must be gone, new Torsion Bars and i think i have to delete the Brakebooster. Another Driveshaft with a 8 3/4 Rearend.
I think it must fit when i use the orig Headers!?
Do i need another Cooler? What about the Shiftlines? Do they fit from 904 to 727?

Will be a 383 HP from 69.

a 318 with 904 and 7 1/4 Rear with Discbrakes in front

DieWilde go to this website as they sell the engine mounts and torque rods to put a BB in your Dart. http://www.engine-swaps.com/. They also have the headers. I'm not sure about your power steering if your car was a Duster or Demon I could say but the people at Schmacher can say for sure. Personally, I used a built 727 and 8 3/4" but you'll also need a 3 core rad with shroud and maybe larger torsion bars.

Terry

The larger T-bars are nice when you drive down the road. At the track, leave the /6 bars in there. There not alot of money these days and will slip in and out easy, once you get past the first OE set.

With the 8-3/4 rear end, you'll just need to shorten the drive shaft.

You'll need a big block tranny. The cooler lines should be real close to a bolt up and go. An additinal cooler is a very good idea by the way. The headers at the above site have a very good rep.
I see no reason to deleate the brake booster. I do beileve there not in the way onec the engine is in.

-
Back