Question about air bag recall

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So with this giant recall of airbags, and the recommendation of not letting passengers sit in or removing existing bags, until replacements become available. How can a dealer sell a used car?
In states with inspections wouldn't it be illegal to sell a car without it operating. What about insurance discounts for having one. Most offer that for cars equipped with them.

Only had 2 vehicles afflicted with these things. Both were disabled before they left the lot and if you don't tell the insurance company, they don't care...

So with this giant recall of airbags, and the recommendation of not letting passengers sit in or removing existing bags, until replacements become available. How can a dealer sell a used car?
In states with inspections wouldn't it be illegal to sell a car without it operating. What about insurance discounts for having one. Most offer that for cars equipped with them.

That is a good question. I am sure glad that my cars that are at the lot aren't included in this recall. They got close though as I have two Mustang convertibles right now.

-
Back