Question about brake swap

-

friesza

The Machinist
Reaction score
I know some people here frown upon using f body spindles on an A body car...I have a friend who did it with no problems whatsoever...
Question is ...should I run Calipers to the rear or the front of rotors...the aspen they came off of were on the rear side but the Darts are on the front side.....I am leaning toward what the aspen was...I think this will clear an aftermarket sway bar better...any opinions?

I put mine on the front, but we'll see if that changes when i order the aftermarket sway bar.... I used F body spindles and had no issues at all. I just didn't like how the brake lines routed when they were mounted to the rear.

Mounted mine on the rear. No problems mounting the aftermarket
anti-sway bar. The end links mount on the lower shock bolt with a
bracket.

Attachments

• DSCF2817 (Medium).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Brakes (Medium).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 145
Thanks guys...I think I will go to the back....and thanks for posting the picks....:cheers:

Tony, did you use stock length brake hoses or are they longer? I used stock 73 Dart brake hoses. When I mocked mine up for the rear mount, the just seemed too short. Did you use longer ones?

Want to make sure friesza gets all the good info for his swap.

If I need to move the calipers for the front sway, i will just get longer lines and move the spindles between sides.

Did you weld the upper ball joints in?

you used fbody spindles? what did you use for UCAs? i got a aspen front disc setup and id like to use it on my 72 duster.

Use 73-76 A body UCA's when doing the swap on an A body.

Same control arm you would use if you had A body spindles.

@ The Steve - just make sure that when you get the Lower ball joints, you get some from a 73 and later Disc setup. I also swapped out to a manual disc master, and used Summit adjustable prop to back the pressure off the front brakes.

This Link here is to a step by step.

Check my build thread to see what i did with mine.

-
Back