Question about Edelbrock Performer install on a 383

-

DFootCuda

Reaction score
I am removing the 2 Bbl carb and manifold and installing an Edelbrock Performer with a 600 cfm Edelbrock carb but am having an issue getting manifold to fully drop into place to get intake bolts in . The instructions have me putting an Edellbrock paper gasket over the intake pan . The manifold drop's in enough to get bolts started on one side but other side needs to drop down a bit further to start the bolts . What am I doing wrong ? Will post pics this evening if needed

I would forget about the paper gaskets and get a new valley pan. Have you tried it without the paper? Also what year 383? I've had early 60s engines that seemed to have angle issues when swapping manifolds.

no I haven't tried it without the paper but I bet it will fit . The 383 is a 1967 in my D200 . So I can put it together with just the pan ? I know that's how they are normally but thought since they recommended the paper too that it was a must . I will assemble it with just the Intake pan and see what happens . Thanks

I always use a dab of silicon in the corners and some super 300 or a very thin layer of silicone across the bottom edge of the head surface and end rails. I have had a car that had snow melt on the engine and get water in the crank case because the intake didn't seal completely.

-
Back