question about fuel tank pad

-

eds72demon

Reaction score
This may seem trivial- but I took my demon apart several years ago and just started getting it back together. I did not take pics and in that time lost a little memory along the way. Does anyone have pics or know which way to install the fuel tank pad? Got rid of the originals years ago and don't want to put the tank up wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you mean the pad that is draped over the top of it?
C

Yes- the pad that goes between top of tank and floor pan. Thanks for the response

Here you go.
C

DCP_2351.jpg

I have used tar paper there is usually a roll laying around its cheap and you can cut to fit same stuff only cheaper I always fold it 2 or 3 times..there's cars out there I have done 25 yrs. ago still no problems..just trying to help...........Artie

I have used tar paper there is usually a roll laying around its cheap and you can cut to fit same stuff only cheaper I always fold it 2 or 3 times..there's cars out there I have done 25 yrs. ago still no problems..just trying to help...........Artie

Thank you for the suggestion Artie. Good to know. :)

Vinyl window sealing tape works fine also. It sticks to the tank and is about 1/8" thick. I used two layers. I also you the same stuff as sound deadener in floor boards, doors, panels etc... It is just a thinner version of the Dynamat is all it is. Get is at Lowes in the roofing area is where it is located. It is around $7 a roll. One roll did my tank with some left over.

I bought a new one off ebay. It is pretty thin, I haven't installed it yet.
C

I ran into this myself, but was to cheap to spend $20 plus shipping on something you will never see. If you are like me, you can also try cutting out a piece from an old inner tube. You usually pick them up free from any tire store.

-
Back