Question about kickdown linkage

-

mvh

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In a 67 Barracuda (/6, 904, console). You know where the transmission cooler lines run through a bracket bolted to the bellhousing? On my car, the kickdown linkage rod just flops against the sharp edge of this bracket, and bangs against it over every bump. This doesn't seem right to me. What is it supposed to be doing here? Could it be assembled upside-down (it has a bend in it)?

Looking at the photos, it occurs to me that maybe the bracket is in the wrong position. It could even be fastened to the wrong bolt. Anyone have a stock setup to compare?

Attachments

• kickdown_3344.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 168
  • kickdown_3349.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 170
Why don't you loosen that bolt some, rotate the line bracket downward more, tighten it down again and your problem should be solved.

The transmission is shifting up and down through the gears normally isn't it? On a Mopar that's not just a "kickdown"...it controls the shift timing just like a vacuum modulator does on other makes.

It shifts fine. It just rattles. So I think you're probably right -- I need to reposition the bracket, assuming there is enough movement available in the lines. I'm guessing there is, as they were pretty rattly, too -- that's why I put the ziptie around them.

-
Back