Question. Are 70 Six Pack outboard carbs rare or valuable?

-

Dmopower

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I ran into a deal on a 340 manifold and carbs. The center carb is a replacement with no serial numbers. The outboard carbs are 1970 4382 and 4383 serial numbers. They need cleaned up, a few pieces and rebuilt. I'm just wondering if they are better off with someone restoring a six pack car or if the market is flooded. I don't need the numbers for my build and can use replacement Holley's. Will these be of value to a restorer or should I just clean them up and run them?

Thanks for the info guys.

Rare? No. Available new. Valuable? Yes.

I would say valuable, you know how picky some of us Mopar guys get with OEM stuff. I bet you could get close to $1k for the pr...easy.
The new ones will have current date codes...no bueno...

I would say valuable, you know how picky some of us Mopar guys get with OEM stuff. I bet you could get close to $1k for the pr...easy.
The new ones will have current date codes...no bueno...
Actually, you can have them stamped brand new with your date codes. It ain't cheap.

I think I'm going to take some pics and post them for sale and see if someone is interested in them. If I can do ok on them I will just buy replacements and let them go to a place they belong. If not, I'll rebuild them and slap them on. Thanks for the input guys.

New ones aren't cheap either. If you got a deal on them, and a rebuild and a few little things, just do it and run them. Weigh it out. Proper air cleaner will be expensive, unless it came with your deal.

-
Back