Question, for all you guys that have lost weight?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this is off topic for a car related site but, I'm going to ask here anyway.
The first week in April, i started dieting, when i was at 230 pounds.
This morning, on the scale I'm at an even 200 pounds.
So i have lost 30 pounds off my body in 12 weeks time.
10 pounds a month.
My initial goal was 200, so i hit that mark.
But, when i started all this, i wanted all the belly flab, (fat) to go away, that hasn't.
It's still there, but probably flabbier, since 30 pounds have come off my old body from somewhere.
I don't mind going down to 190, if the flab goes away in another 10 pounds of weight loss.
I'm 5 ft. 11 inch in height, and 70 years old.
The internet health care, web sites say a good weight for me is 185-190 pounds, so loosing another 10, is quite do able for me.
When i got out of the Air Force in 1980, i was 28 years old, and weighed in at 180, when they out processed me, but that was 43 years ago.
So in the past, my adult weight was in the 180-190 range, but i didn't have the belly flab at the age and weight.
Does the flab go away?
You guys that have lost weight, any further tips for this old man.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

I know this is off topic for a car related site but, I'm going to ask here anyway.
The first week in April, i started dieting, when i was at 230 pounds.
This morning, on the scale I'm at an even 200 pounds.
So i have lost 30 pounds off my body in 12 weeks time.
10 pounds a month.
My initial goal was 200, so i hit that mark.
But, when i started all this, i wanted all the belly flab, (fat) to go away, that hasn't.
It's still there, but probably flabbier, since 30 pounds have come off my old body from somewhere.
I don't mind going down to 190, if the flab goes away in another 10 pounds of weight loss.
I'm 5 ft. 11 inch in height, and 70 years old.
The internet health care, web sites say a good weight for me is 185-190 pounds, so loosing another 10, is quite do able for me.
When i got out of the Air Force in 1980, i was 28 years old, and weighed in at 180, when they out processed me, but that was 43 years ago.
So in the past, my adult weight was in the 180-190 range, but i didn't have the belly flab at the age and weight.
Does the flab go away?
You guys that have lost weight, any further tips for this old man.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x
I have lost weight like that.. the flab won't 100% go away but working the muscles in that area will help (do situps a few times a day for one..)

And that's some damn good weight loss... i went from 250 to 146.. i had to stop my diet cause i got too skinny.. i'm 5'10" and 170-175 is perfect for me.. and is much nicer than 200.. rarely got hot even when it's 90+ out.. under200 is nice :)

Congrats on your gains so far! That's excellent.

Aside from Liposuction, there is no such thing as spot reduction when it comes to weight loss. Where you hold fat is mainly genetic. At 70 years old, your skin has lost a lot of its collagen so it'll take longer to unstretch itself. Or it may never go away. The best things you can do are to add more muscle mass to increase your metabolic rate and stay very very hydrated. Also, include foods into your diet that can help boost your collagen.

Situps and other core exercises will help build support muscles that can prevent injuries later in life. They will not necessarily make the flab go away, but there a ton of other ancillary benefits.

These are lessons I learned while going from 298lbs to 190lbs. It was extremely difficult. Lots of sacrifice and sweat. I probably added 10 years to my life and thwarted Type 2 Diabetes. My Father has T2D, so that was my main motivation to lose the weight. I hate needles!

Good luck

Congrats on your gains so far! That's excellent.

Aside from Liposuction, there is no such thing as spot reduction when it comes to weight loss. Where you hold fat is mainly genetic. At 70 years old, your skin has lost a lot of its collagen so it'll take longer to unstretch itself. Or it may never go away. The best things you can do are to add more muscle mass to increase your metabolic rate and stay very very hydrated. Also, include foods into your diet that can help boost your collagen.

Situps and other core exercises will help build support muscles that can prevent injuries later in life. They will not necessarily make the flab go away, but there a ton of other ancillary benefits.

These are lessons I learned while going from 298lbs to 190lbs. It was extremely difficult. Lots of sacrifice and sweat. I probably added 10 years to my life and thwarted Type 2 Diabetes. My Father has T2D, so that was my main motivation to lose the weight. I hate needles!

Good luck
Congrats on beating Type2! I beat it also.. no meds... changed my diet to Keto and started working out like a madman.. nice to see someone else beat it :) most people think you can't

Congrats on beating Type2! I beat it also.. no meds... changed my diet to Keto and started working out like a madman.. nice to see someone else beat it :) most people think you can't

You know what's ironic?

As car guys we love tinkering, modifying, and problem solving. But all too often people in this hobby/lifestyle neglect the single greatest machines we'll ever own - our bodies. We feed ourselves **** food and fall short on maintenance, and we wonder why we don't run right.

Can you imagine putting low grade fuel in a race car? Then why is it okay to put it in our bodies?

^^ This was the epiphany I had when I started my journey and it helped put things in perspective.

Congrats on achieving your goals as well. As with most good things in life...Definitely not easy, but it's worth it.

You know what's ironic?

As car guys we love tinkering, modifying, and problem solving. But all too often people in this hobby/lifestyle neglect the single greatest machines we'll ever own - our bodies. We feed ourselves **** food and fall short on maintenance, and we wonder why we don't run right.

Can you imagine putting low grade fuel in a race car? Then why is it okay to put it in our bodies?

^^ This was the epiphany I had when I started my journey and it helped put things in perspective.

Congrats on achieving your goals as well. As with most good things in life...Definitely not easy, but it's worth it.
Yeah.. sadly i'm eating nothing but garbage lately... chocolate non stop :( still only 185 but i know i'm doing bad. What cracks me up bout that car thing is, i will see guys well over 300# drilling their car up or bragging bout spending a lot of money on part cause it's light... like really?

In my case i walk 3 times around the neighborhood, each one, a mile.
Sometimes i do four miles, and a few times even 5 miles.
And eating a whole lot less, and eating smarter, eating better, is what got 30 pound off of me so far.
Haven't had a pizza, Denny's Restaurant breakfast, Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls, Pepsi, Dr.Pepper, soda's,
and lots of other processed foods, that i have found out, aren't any good for you.

In my case i walk 3 times around the neighborhood, each one, a mile.
Sometimes i do four miles, and a few times even 5 miles.
And eating a whole lot less, and eating smarter, eating better, is what got 30 pound off of me so far.
Haven't had a pizza, Denny's Restaurant breakfast, Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls, Pepsi, Dr.Pepper, soda's,
and lots of other processed foods, that i have found out, aren't any good for you.
That is awesome and it's paying off... for me my first big wake up was no more Coke (soda).. just stopping that i lost 7# in one week.. and a bunch of other issues stopped. Cutting carbs and sugar has massive pay offs:) ***** soo addictive though it's nuts

Just skip breakfast and eat lunch at 2.. Work the entire time on something till then, dinner anytime after 6...pound water n or iced tea the whole time in between

After lunch enjoy some toilet time with the sounds of water falls.

Lose 7-10 lbs in a week guaranteed.

10 lbs. per week might be too much too fast. You have probably lost muscle mass instead of stored fat. Slow down to 2 or 3 pounds per month by cutting out sugary treats and replace with protein to maintain muscle mass. You need to eat lots..but lo calorie nutritious foods. I went down 34 lbs in 10 months and lost my huge belly....i too am 70.
Good Luck.

Lol. Maybe. When people say "you're full of ****"... well they could be talking about not only everyone but also themselves.
Pipes.. plumbing.. with just water going through look what they look like..lol
Were nothing but bags of turd sausage ready for linking. Once the navel swells...ta da.. full of ****. Lol
I guess I could have just said we humans are probably about 6 to 9 lb% ****/crud.
A good starvation, dehydration n rehydration challenge'll clean ya out..lol
10 lbs. per week might be too much too fast. You have probably lost muscle mass instead of stored fat. Slow down to 2 or 3 pounds per month by cutting out sugary treats and replace with protein to maintain muscle mass. You need to eat lots..but lo calorie nutritious foods. I went down 34 lbs in 10 months and lost my huge belly....i too am 70.
Good Luck.

Eat like a king a breakfast, eat like a prince at lunch and eat like a pauper at supper, was the old saying ans it works, AS LONG AS supper is no later than 6PM and you don't eat anything before bed.

I don't think it matters when you eat Rusty. If you take in fewer calories than you require each day
you will lose weight whether you like it or not. Hemi 71x has been doing this in spades and has certainly
lost the weight he wanted to lose. I think 3500 calories is about a pound so consume a hundred calories
less than you require each day for a month and you should lose about a pound?

Salmonella diet works too.
I agree with that.

I have lost weight real fast several times over the years just buy eating a few open shell oysters that have been in & out of the buffet kitchen a few times. Works like a charm every time.

Oysters like that will also give you an excellent stomach muscle workout for several days.

I don't think it matters when you eat Rusty. If you take in fewer calories than you require each day
you will lose weight whether you like it or not. Hemi 71x has been doing this in spades and has certainly
lost the weight he wanted to lose. I think 3500 calories is about a pound so consume a hundred calories
less than you require each day for a month and you should lose about a pound?
I didn't say it did. I was merely quoting a very old saying from long ago.

-
Back