Question for anyone using a Keisler hydraulic clutch kit

-

Mr Man

Reaction score
My pedal linkage doesn't seem to be right... It's basically a heim joint connected at the pedal, and an adjustable turnbuckle that connects to the clutch master cylinder. But I can't adjust the pedal height.

The problem is that both ends of the turnbuckle are right-hand thread. Turnbuckles don't change length unless one of the ends is left-hand thread. So it looks like Keisler gave me the wrong heim joint (RH instead of LH) and a turnbuckle that was machined incorrectly.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Does Keisler have a pi$$-poor design or did they just make a mistake on my kit? I plan on calling Keisler tomorrow but I wanted to hear everyone else's experience first.

For all the money I spent on this kit I expect it to work right. Aside from the pedal adjustment, having to "clearance" my inner fender, and generally poor customer service my experience has been great! :violent1:

Thanks in advance.
Scott

I don't have any help for your problem but it would be cool to see some pictures of your install with that clutch. I have been thinking about putting one in my M body.

Only help I can offer is to unbolt the heim at the pedal, adjust and reinstall. The rod in the master does spin, so you can try and adjust one threaded end at a time, leaving the jam nut tight on the other end.

Only help I can offer is to unbolt the heim at the pedal, adjust and reinstall. The rod in the master does spin, so you can try and adjust one threaded end at a time, leaving the jam nut tight on the other end.

That's pretty much how I did it. I would feel a lot better about the money I spent if it actually worked right.

Are you using the same kit, and do you have the same problem?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN1115-1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCN1116-1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 489
  • DSCN1120-1.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 532
what does that kit go for and does it use a hydraulic throw out bearing?

The cost is around $650 and it does use a hydraulic trhowout bearing as shown in the top picture.

I was also considering to use the kit from American Powertrain which goes for a few bucks less. But I felt that the design of the throwout bearing and master cylinder mounting was better on the Keisler kit.

Got everything put together with some advice from revhendo. Thanks again Kevin.

Scott

-
Back