Question for those who have mini tubbed their cars

-

69GT

Reaction score
I had my 69 Dart mini tubbed about 5 years ago. The project is going very slow but I am finally getting back to it. I ordered new brake and fuel lines for it a couple of years ago and upon trying to install the fuel line now I have found that the fuel line does not fit properly like the original did (due to the mini tub). It never occurred to me to mention the car was mini tubbed when I ordered the fuel line and I don't know if it would have mattered on their end or not anyway. Where I am having the problem with the line fitting is where it turns in from where it runs along the rocker panel and into the wheel house before it does the wrap around the frame rail. The original as you know turned in and went in the space between the inner wall of the wheel house and the frame rail. But now my wheel house is up against the frame rail so the new fuel line can't go there. I am going to have to bend and/or cut it somehow but I'm not sure how to go about trying to fit it in there without ruining it. If I try and run it the same general way the original was except that it will be in front of the inside wall of the wheel house I think it will be visible from outside the car. I'd like to hear how others here have dealt with this and if possible see pictures as well. Thanks.

I ran my own fuel line. AN braided from tank to pump. aluminum from pump to front. AN braided from front to carb. All AN braided for return.

Buy a decent tubing bender. They're not expensive. Plan on making, or modifying all of your lines. A decent double flare kit for brake lines with a tubing cutter will help. It's not that hard. Do not run that fuel line ,or any line near the tire.

-
Back