Question on 4-speed shifter hump in '64 Barracuda

-

Jim64

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi - I just received and started installing a shifter tunnel hump from Brewers. It's the fiberglass one, and seems to be nicely made.

Here's the situation. The back edge of the new hump ends right at the metal reinforcement plate for the front-right corner of the driver's bucket seat. The question is - should the lip of the floor tunnel be placed in front of that reinforcement plate, or over the front edge of that reinforcement plate? I'll need to trim the edge of the hump regardless, but I want to know how it's supposed to fit.

If someone has such a beast, and has a picture of the piece installed, that would be great! If you need a pic from me to help explain what I'm asking, let me know!

-Jim64

All of the humps I have cut out of early A's have all been within a Sawzall blade width between the lip of the hump and the front seat brace!!

My Fiber hump from Brewers is in the mail...... very interested in your install!

I used sheet-metal screws! Five along the trans tunnel, and two on the floor. Foam insulation around the perimeter. I trimmed the lip around the gas pedal area, and at the back edge where it meets the floor (right in front of the seat support, as as was shown to me by 4spdcuda66 - thanks for that!

Attachments

• 20160308_171703.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 191
-
Back