briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
My son in law thinks he will have problems installing a
2600to 2800 stall convertor in his car. Worries about slippage
at highway speeds. He runs about 2200 rpm at 55-60. The car has
245/70-15s on the back. I don't think it will slip. What do you
guys think.

Just run a good cooler. I run a 8" converter that stalls to 4200rpms on the street with no problems. Granted I dont drive on th highway much.

if you get a cheap converter. yea that could be a problem. my dynamic stalls at 3500 and i can cruise just like a 2000stall when im not on it.

I ran my old dart with a 3100-3600 TCS which stalled at 3500 on the street for many thousands of miles without a problem............Kim..........

Thanks for the help guys.
I have a 3000 stall in my Duster with 3.23s in it for thestreet.
I haven't had any problems ether. He's a Chevy guy. You know how
they are. Thanks again.

If its flat level highway it shouldn't be a problem, if he starts climbing any grades he will want a bigger cooler like stated earlier because it will build more heat. But as long as the heat is kept in check it really doesn't matter if the convertor is stalling some if using a little extra fuel is not an issue.

Chuck

i have a dynamics convertor in my dart that stahls about 3400 rpm. i drive it all over the place with no problems... highway was no problem. took it 2 hours to carlisle. that pa tp is kinda hilly too... but like already said if its a cheap convertor it may be a problem but if its a good efficient convertor you will be ok.

-
Back