Question on selling items

-

MoparMark91

Reaction score
Hey guys so just had a couple beginner questions. So when selling parts do u guys usually get your quotes online from like ups amd usps etc? I am new to selling things and have tons of stuff i could sell as i go through. Any tips?

From one Mark, to another - Yes. USPS flat rate boxes and if it won't fit in one, UPS, FedEx, USPS online estimates. Sometimes I break even on shipping, sometimes I'm a dollar or 2 off one direction or the other and I don't care. Sometimes I'll list a price that includes shipping, just to keep it simple.
And show good clear pics with clear descriptions. You'd be surprised at how many people don't.

Now....... Whatcha got? Whatcha got?

Good clear pictures are a must do, and give a zip code in your add for sale.
Some members can figure what shipping will cost or close to cost with out asking.
USPS is easy to figure shipping, my wife does it all on line here at home.
Yes !! Looking forward to seeing what you have to sell to us .

From one Mark, to another - Yes. USPS flat rate boxes and if it won't fit in one, UPS, FedEx, USPS online estimates. Sometimes I break even on shipping, sometimes I'm a dollar or 2 off one direction or the other and I don't care. Sometimes I'll list a price that includes shipping, just to keep it simple.
And show good clear pics with clear descriptions. You'd be surprised at how many people don't.QUOTE]

From one Mark to another Mark to another Mark, totally agree. I'm usually a few dollars over or under.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be prepared for a ton of aggravation. I have a rusty 68 Valiant sitting out in the yard. I bought it thinking I was going to hold together physically long enough to "get around to it". Well...that ain't gonna happen. As some parts that I want off of it for another car that "I may get around to it"...once I get them removed away it goes. Not even gonna bother trying to part it out, just not worth the grief for me. A local guy, who is "The Van"...
van.jpg

had expressed interest in the Valiant, think he just wanted the / out of it....
Best if luck selling parts...when you do ship things make sure you package them properly. Leave 0 open air space in the package....open air space will allow the box to crush...and once that happens it only gets worse.

Im in Canada and when I ship, whether its within Canada or across borders. I only use our the Post Office. Been screwed too many times with couriers and their broker fees/taxes.
Be careful with online quotes, they may not be accurate and could come around to bite you in the arse.
I have had good members from US sell me parts and quoted me a price on shipping. Then when they ship the parts there quote is WAY off.(too low), and the price turns into a "surprise"
Heres how i look at it. If I plan on selling the part, obviously I am going to pack it up. So I get the part packed up, take it to post office and get a PRINTED quote for 1st potential buyer. I then have weight and dimensions on paper. If original "buyer" backs out, no big deal, I now can use all the dimensions from printed quote and go online and enter the new destination for other potential buyers.
And for me shipping to the WORLDWIDE is NOT a pain, its literally the same paperwork. I read on here how its a "pain" for US members to ship to us Canuck members. Boils down to laziness in my opinion.
Ive sold and bought hundreds on here.
Im interested in 67-9 cuda stuff if you have any by the way.
Good luck.

-
Back