Question???

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
Ok /6 guys I got a question I just don't know the answer to.
Rocker arms on a 71 /6 are they stud mounted or shaft mounted?
if shaft mounted any clue as to where I can get a set?
I don't think the V8 rockers will work as they are offset to the left or right.

Thanks oh great guru's of the /6:prayer:

They are all shaft mounted. The only differences would be the set for solid camshaft engines has adjustable rockers and the set for hydraulic camshaft engines has non adjustable rockers. ...and no, there are no other rockers Chrysler or otherwise that will work on them. Trust me, I have spent lots of hours researching it.

It is as I thought. I'm not crazy then. Is there a source out there for them or are they on the scrounge and hunt method now?

It is as I thought. I'm not crazy then. Is there a source out there for them or are they on the scrounge and hunt method now?

The slant 6s built for the model years before 1981 all had adjustable rocker arms for their mechanical tappets (lifters.) Starting in 1981, the switch to hydraulic lifters mandated non-adustable rocker arms. Just be sure to buy the right ones for you.

There were over 10 million slant 6's produced between 1960 and 1987, when production ceased in this country. Every one of them had 12 rocker arms.

That's 120 million rocker arms. Other than the hydraulic/mechanical switchover, they are all alike.

I'll bet there area few left in junk yards.... LOL!

Good luck!!!:hello1:

The slant 6s built for the model years before 1981 all had adjustable rocker arms for their mechanical tappets (lifters.) Starting in 1981, the switch to hydraulic lifters mandated non-adustable rocker arms. Just be sure to buy the right ones for you.

There were over 10 million slant 6's produced between 1960 and 1987, when production ceased in this country. Every one of them had 12 rocker arms.

That's 120 million rocker arms. Other than the hydraulic/mechanical switchover, they are all alike.

I'll bet there area few left in junk yards.... LOL!

Good luck!!!:hello1:

Thank you Bill :cheers: Know if we only new how much 1 weighed then we would be getting into some more math :thumblef:

-
Back