Question

-

71 dart R/T

Reaction score
I have a 68 Cuda BB K frame I am butting in my 71 dart. I am dropping a 440 in it and am wondering what I should use for motor mounts. I also talked to a guy from Moparts that says he has a oil pan from a 440 from a C Body car that he used for his A body and had no problems. What I need to know since this is my first car is will that work and what other kind of problems am I looking at as far as this motor going in my car may I run into?

Any help would be great
Thanks guys Preston :burnout:

To use the early bb k member you need the specific engine brackets for that k member. But wait, there's more. Those cars used a special drivers side mount that bolted to the front of the motor. Not all blocks have these holes drilled and tapped. Most have the bosses there but they haven't been drilled. Probably be better to sell that k and get a plain v-8 one and use the schumacher mounts. You'll definitely come out ahead money wise.

Yup...special block boss needed for it, and the right bracktet, which I think is available new somwhere... Any K frame style will need the clearance for the steering. If you use a motor plate or ears, you may be able to raise the engine enough to clear, but it will add some wierd driveshaft angles, and it will be harder to fit an intake on it.

-
Back