question

-

IL duster

Reaction score
I have a 71 duster, that was originally a 318 car, it has a 360 in it now. Now on to my question, It looks like the engine is offset to the left if you are looking at the car with the hood open, meaning the carb is closer to the left, it is not centered under the hood. Is something wrong here or is that supposed to be like that? The reason I ask is I was going to install a hood scoop on the car, but that would mean that the hood scoop would be off centered a little. I was going to install one of those super scoops from mr gasket. Its the one that has the three red butterflies that open up. The hood i have now has a six pack fiberglass scoop on it, but the bondo is starting to crack, so I was going to eliminate it and do this instead. The hole that is already in my hood looks centered, I didn't check it with a ruler to be sure but it looks centered. I don't really have the money for a fiberglass hood, I picked this super scoop up at a local swap meet a couple of years ago. So if this is normal for this offset, then the hole and the scoop will be off center. Do you think that will look weird? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Dan

Most engines are offset a little to provide room for the steering gear. So it doesn't surprise me you noticed it being off center. As far as a hood scoop it's in center of the hood, so it won't be weird looking. :salut:

DartDave said:
Most engines are offset a little to provide room for the steering gear. So it doesn't surprise me you noticed it being off center. As far as a hood scoop it's in center of the hood, so it won't be weird looking. :salut:

This scoop won't be attached to the hood, its attached to the engine, so you would notice the offset of it more than just a normal hoodscoop. Now is it enough to worry about???? Its the top fuel scoop that they used to use before the carbon fiber ones of today with the red butterflies.

-
Back