Questions regarding four speed hump.

-

Hemiorangeswinger

Dodge Material
Reaction score
So I got the original four speed hump out of my 1970 Dart and was wondering what the welded on tab was for? (the thing at the top of the pic) My only guess would be a stopper for the bench seat so it doesn't hit the boot?

This is the AMD piece and I was wondering why the bottom screw hole is missing and has a notch in that area instead? Don't I need the lower screw hole for the chrome trim ring? (I don't have a trim ring to see)

It's an original bench seat car and I thought four speed A bodies never had a console? (at least 1970+)

The welded tab is indeed a seat stop for the 4-speed...

Seat stop? Then column-shift cars have that as well, or is it just to keep the seat from getting into the shifter?

Thanks guys! I will transfer that bracket over and modify the new AMD hump just like the original, so I can add the extra screw hole

i also always wondered what that hump was for, always kinda thought something was wrong with my floor till i took the carpet out and noticed it was original.

Great question answered!!

It prevents a bench seat from moving too far forward for three speed or 4 speed shift cars, but the bracket is also found on bucket seat cars.

-
Back