Questions

-

sledger46

Reaction score
1) Is it possible to bolt a /6 904 to a LA small block? Will the torque converter bolt up? (I hope not, but I just bought a slant 6 to V8 conversion and I have a weird vibration. I am guessing any non-360 converter could cause the vibration.)

2) Where can you get U bolts and shock mounts to bolt an 8 3/4 rear to the leaf springs? I have heard you can reuse the shock mounts from the 7 1/4 with modifications. Is this true?

Thanks!

1) a slant six trans will not bolt to a small block. The torque converter may bolt up, but it will not be balanced for the 360, and may not be able to work well on a small block application.

2) You should check any aftermarket suspension place for the plates. I do not think the 7 1/4 plates will work, and they should NOT be modified to work, as this could be a safety hazard.

1) Is it possible to bolt a /6 904 to a LA small block? Will the torque converter bolt up? (I hope not, but I just bought a slant 6 to V8 conversion and I have a weird vibration. I am guessing any non-360 converter could cause the vibration.)

2) Where can you get U bolts and shock mounts to bolt an 8 3/4 rear to the leaf springs? I have heard you can reuse the shock mounts from the 7 1/4 with modifications. Is this true?

Thanks!

I have a couple of sets of 8 3/4 shock mount plates and new U-bolts. PM me if interested.

-
Back