Quick adjustable roller rocker arm question

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Hey guys question, finishing up my 360 with roller rockers and mild cam. What method do you guys use to adjust your rockers? This is a hydraulic roller. I've ran the motor a little bit and it's running like crap so I'm going through my checklist. Run them down like Chevy rockers? Get it to where the valves on that cylinder are closed, get slop out of rocker and do half or full turn? Everyone has a different technique but I'd figure I'd get some ideas.

Hey guys question, finishing up my 360 with roller rockers and mild cam. What method do you guys use to adjust your rockers? This is a hydraulic roller. I've ran the motor a little bit and it's running like crap so I'm going through my checklist. Run them down like Chevy rockers? Get it to where the valves on that cylinder are closed, get slop out of rocker and do half or full turn? Everyone has a different technique but I'd figure I'd get some ideas.

[ame]http://www.cranecams.com/pdf-tech-tips/hydro-lift.pdf[/ame]

Thanks scamper that's how I did it just making sure I remembered correctly. Good helpful link.

There have been a few posts in the past about guys using hydraulic roller cams and having noisy valve train issues. In most cases the guys had to go more on the preload compared to a flat tappet cam.

Surprisingly it was fairly quiet but when I popped the valve covers all the locking nuts were loose as hell! Thank god I tightened them before I drove it hard. The set screws would have taken a nice little trip into the oil galley and caused some serious issues. Almost wish I could lock tite them. So I got them all adjusted and hoping to fire her up tomorrow.

Still tweaking it. Having fuel delivery issues that I'm trying to iron out but from what heard its sounds mean as hell. Think I'm going to get rid of that shitty distributor I have and bite the bullet for a good MSD. Going to get some work done on her tomorrow. MAN I JUST WANT TO DRIVE IT AND DO BURNOUTS!

-
Back