Quick mini tub question

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
After you cut tub out and have all that excess metal to cut back to frame rail. Do you cut the lip off of the frame rail and maqke it completly flush or do you stop at the lip I just got the tub out and starting cutting back to frame but stopped cause I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance

Cut the lip off, weld the top edge back together, set the tub on top of the rail, tack it on there.

Give you a little extra room.

here are some pictures of my first attempt at mini tubbing went pretty well
one side out gonna attack other side then start weldin em back up

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 327
  • image (4).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 336
  • photo (40).jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 329
Im doing my conv. Its a lot easier than i thought just takes time to do it right. Lot more welding than you think once you get crackin on it.

Im doing my conv. Its a lot easier than i thought just takes time to do it right. Lot more welding than you think once you get crackin on it.

I haven't started putting tubs back in yet. I need a tank for my welder I'm looking forward to it though havent welded in quite some time

Agreed. There was a LOT more welding than I thought there would be. I went through a tank of welding gas very quickly doing my tubs.

-
Back