Quick question in need of a quick answer please!

-

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
So lately I've been on a rim hunt. I really like the look of old Cragar SS rims so I decided to try out some 17" x 8" Ford Mustang GT wheels. I'm hoping to pick some up tonight for $300 with new tires.

Will these fit with no mods or do I have to move the springs?
They have 6" of backspacing. The reason I'm concerned is because I read this on www.bigblockdart.com tech pages:

The A-body 8.75 came with small drum brakes, and a 4" bolt pattern that isn't very popular. As for width, once you move springs and wheelwells to fit 10" rims, you'll find you need 7.5" of backspacing. There are only 2 wheels available with this much offset, so choices are limited. Notice alot of a-bodies have Draglites of Centerlines? Now you know why.

Any help is much appreciated. Sorry for the rush. Thanks so much FABO!

i dont think that much backspace will fit without moving the springs. my 4.75 backspace is 2 inches from the springs and i already moved them.

So by the sound of it, as long as I relocate my springs, they will fit, yeah?
I was planning on doing it anyway....
One more answer would really reassure me before I go buy these suckers... thanks for the input!

I'm sorry. 1967 Plymouth Barracuda notchback. I'll be using an A-Body correct length 8 3/4.

I think that late model mustang rims will be bbp, have you already switched over from sbp?

Yeah, I will be swapping to BBP. I'm in the process of purchasing some axles for my 8 3/4 as we speak. I tookthe chance and grabbed those rims, they look nice, hopefully they will fit.

Thanks!

-
Back