quick ?

-

khuebner250

Reaction score
If you can use mustang wheels and explorer rear brakes. Why can't you use mustang front brakes? The bolt pattern is the same, are the rotor offsets that differant? Just wondering. I assume the aftermarket brake market for mustangs is tremendous.

Keith

i think it might be due to the fact that i drive a mopar not a ford.
and you would be basically turning your car into a ford.. piece by piece

:thumblef:

I was thinking more along the lines of aftermarket brake availability and price. If you could get a 4.5 x 5 bolt pattern AP, Brembo, or whatever setup, they would be AP, Brembo, or whatever brakes, not ford. Just wondering if you can get a nice rotor and caliper kit that's made for a certain vehicle, but could be used for dual applications?

thanks!

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for..anyways wheel/rim swap is not much of a problem if the bolt size is the same. However there has been some problems that when upgrading to disks, that some rims will not fit due to the size of the caliper.(Mostly 14"). Now if your asking if you can put a 11" ford disk brake system on...I don't know for sure and would be lying if I did say). But..I think the mounting hardware has a different setup for the spindles??

Not even sure if this link will help.

http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

Another thing you have to consider is wheel bearing size. Even if the rotor diameter and offset would measure right what is the likeleyhood that the wheel bearings that fit the Ford rotors are going to fit Mopar spindles. I had a new set of Dakota rotors setting in the garage that were the right size and offset for my Cuda and even they didn't have the right size wheel bearing size. There is ALOT of variables when doing any swaps.

the bolt pattern is compatible for aftermarket rims but on stock steels the hub register on mopars is 1/16" bigger than ford.

Cerwin said:
i think it might be due to the fact that i drive a mopar not a ford.
and you would be basically turning your car into a ford.. piece by piece

:thumblef:
i totaly agree :silent: :notworth:

-
Back