quickfuel slayer series?

-

pjc360

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a new carburetor for quite some time now and have had a hard time deciding wich one to go with. My engine is the 300hp crate 360 magnum, my intake manifold is dual plane edelbrock rpm air-gap manifold. I currently have a edelbrock 600cfm manual choke carburetor. And altho the edelbrock is working fine, i just feel like there is more power to be had with a better carburetor.
now i was thinking about getting a demon, but i stumbled across this quickfuel slayer series carburetor, i can get a 600cfm vaccum secondary quickfuel slayer series for 300 bucks.
Thats what i paid brand new for the edelbrock i have, i just wanna know if anyone has any expierence with the quickfuel slayer series carbs? and are they hard to work on? I have no expierence on any other carbs but the edelbrocks because thats all i have ever ran is carter afb's or edelbrocks.
Would i easily be able to learn how to work on and adjust the quickfuel carb if i bought one? it just looks alot more hi-tech compared to the carter/edelbrocks.

Hey PJC.On the 380/360 Magnum crate,the recommend the 750 anyway.I have a borrowed Q.F.T.,on my 360 Magnum.Haven't tried it yet,looks really good qualitywise.I did see the ad of that carb last night.To buy the main body,for adjustable bleeds,and a gasket kit to swap it looking at 200.00.It is a more complicated carb,because of the extra tuneability.If you asked Crackback real nice,he could/would help in this situation.Edelbrocks are simple and nice.Something like what you are looking at,will take time,and be a learning process.

ya i know they recomend the 750cfm but i like sticking with the 600cfm because this magnum is in my 4x4 truck, i like having that extra throttle response.
And yes the quickfuel looks alot more complicated then the edelbrocks.
I need to find a tuning book on the quickfuels if there is one and read it a few times before i purchase one.

it's just like a holley, and yes it will make more power than that edelcrap carb.shouldnt need much of a learning curve as a 300 crate is a good match for that carb.

-
Back