Quicktime, Centerforce issue

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
I need some advice I wasn't expecting to. Just installed a new stroker and decided to use the following:

Quicktime bellhousing
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Centerforce flwheel and throwout bearing

Mocked everything up on the floor and all looked good. Centerforce supplies you with 2 different fork pivots. One marked A-body and one marked B/E-body. Of course I used the "A".

Motor and tranny in, so I decide to mock up the clutch linkage before the headers go in. I got one big problem.

With the clutch adjusment rod backed out as far as possible, I have about 3 1/2 inches of pedal play. AND the clutch is just starting to disengage with the pedal on the floor.

To make matters worse, the back of the clutch fork is just about "bottomed out" on the face of the bellhousing. I either need a taller fork pivot or a much longer throwout bearing. Way to much movement of the fork, before the throwout bearing even touches the clutch.

Does anybody know what the heck is wrong? I just can't believe this.

No one at Quicktime knew crap...No help here either, so as usual, after a bit of head scratchin' and some fabrication....I got it handled.

QT wanted me to let them know how I resolved the issue, so they could let other Mopar guys know what to do. Yeah. Right. For $500.00 I think they should figure out their own problems.

Reminds me of TTI refusing to acknowledge the z bar issue a few years ago. All of a sudden... POW! they sell a "modified" z bar.

Anybody else tired of getting raped, then left holding the bag?

some times on our builds (hemi a bodys with Lakewood bell), the "stand" that the pivot thing bolts to is to short and we have to make it taller so the fork can get full movement...

its really weird because its like every once and a while it happens...

Exactly. Same thing I'm doing. Just hoping I can reach in there thru the clutch fork hole to get it done. Hate to have to pull the tranny again.

I made a 3/8 inch spacer to put between the fork pivot and bellhousing too solve this problem. I used the fork pivot as a templet on a 3/8 inch thick steel, cut it out drilled the two holes , two longer grade 8 bolts done.

My plan exactly. Have pieces of plate laying around every thickness known to man(almost). I was figuring 3/8 should do it. Find out Thursday for sure.

Forgot to thank both you guys for your thoughts. Made me feel better about doing it, since it was already my plan.

I guess great minds do think alike
icon10.gif

-
Back