Status
Not open for further replies.

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Contact seller
This is a feeler to gauge the interest. I may end up separating if the trans sells alone, but until then I want to keep as a package deal. I have an R-154 out of a turbo Supra. I have opened up the case to see if I needed to order any hard parts with the rebuild kit and it looks good inside. Not sure how it shifted as I bought it used myself but the syncros look good from what I can see. Included in the kit:

R-154 transmission w/shifter
Adapter bell housing from a Dakota (small block to R-154)
factory clutch fork and bearing
Throwout bearing hub from Dakota
11" flywheel
Rebuilt stock clutch pedal setup
Output shaft to adapt to mopar driveshaft.
Stock R-154 cross member for fabrication into A-body.

This swap does require cutting of the tunnel and torsion bar cross member (like most trans swaps). Do some research, there's plenty of people that have done this swap and there's more than enough info on the swap on the net. here's an example:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3168502&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

These tranny's will hold some serious power with minor upgrades from Marlin Crawler like: billet shift forks, upgraded thrust washer, and HD bearings. there's even a 1350 slip yoke available, making it easier to adapt a driveshaft.

I'm only selling cause I'm going automatic. My car is now going to be more strip than touring use and automatic is the way to go for consistent times. I'm firm at $1400 considering the trans alone goes for anywhere from $1000-$2500 depending upon condition. This item is located in Salem, MA and I'm willing to deliver or meet up for a small fee. If you want this sucker shipped then it's gonna cost extra for my time to crate it up and deliver to shipping terminal.

Attachments

• R-154 Trans 001.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,281
  • R-154 Trans 002.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,253
This is still available. I could also throw in a factory clutch pedal setup that I blasted, painted, and rebuilt.

If you were closer and it was a slightly different time I would have been a bit more interested in picking this up, but I'm about to throw a couple thousand dollars into my 8 3/4, disc brakes all around, 18" wheels, and a new set of tires. If you've still got it by the end of September and I've still got some cash on hand, I may still be interested.

If you were closer and it was a slightly different time I would have been a bit more interested in picking this up, but I'm about to throw a couple thousand dollars into my 8 3/4, disc brakes all around, 18" wheels, and a new set of tires. If you've still got it by the end of September and I've still got some cash on hand, I may still be interested.

you never know. check back and see. I've had a supra owner ask me to separate the trans but I would like to keep it as a kit for a fellow mopar person.

I'll send you or shoot me a PM at the beginning of October if you still have it.

I'll send you or shoot me a PM at the beginning of October if you still have it.

Sounds like a plan! I'm hoping not to have it but there's a good chance i'll still have it. Not many people want to take on a conversion like this.

Today is my birthday and I'm in a particularly rare mood. I'm reducing the price to $1000 firm for this week only. The price will return to $1250 on Sunday June 20.

This is a killer deal here. I've already done all the sourcing. All you need is a clutch master and slave cylinder setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back