-
Status
Not open for further replies.

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Listing for a friend as he acquired 2 but doesn't need this one.

Story is, it was purchased for a build several years ago and when doing the mock up in the car, something about it wouldn't fit the chassis so they purchased something else. Not sure what about the chassis...friend says it was an old 70's Indy car or something that already had a 340 in it.

Anyways, was just put in a corner. My friend found it on CL and purchased it but already has another one machined and ready to go. He now needs the space so selling.

I don't have the part number but he's going to get it for me later today then I'll post it.

He says it's a 340 style block with 59* lifter angle and tall deck. Also a 4 bolt main block. But again, I'll get the part number later.
New block never been ran or machined on other than what was done by the factory.

He's asking $1000 to start.
Located in Colorado Springs, CO.
I'll give you his number if interested.

i will be third in line if all falls through, cash in hand or paypal ready

We are still trying to figure out what this block actually is. So far it is a 59* Block "Lifters are close to the Valley Wall" with 360 Mains and not 340's, one mounting point of the ears on each side of the block has been machined half way off. The only numbers on the block are P4532907 which is a casting number. If you research that number you will see that there are several variations of part numbers that would identify what this block actually is "Bore, Main Sizing, Deck Height, Cam Journal Size, Siamese Bore or not etc. On one of the mains there is 4532648 stamped on it. The seller and I have done all kinds of searching but come up blank on all particulars of this block. If anyone knows different on what this block actually is, please chime in and help if you can. If you know where to find the actual part number markings on this block to help identify it that would help too.

Easy way to check-look at the cam bearings , if they are all the same size then they are 50mm and with the 59 degree lifter angle this requires a very special ground cam and there was only one place doing it. For big $$$
Check with Brain from IMM or Shady Dell

Easy way to check-look at the cam bearings , if they are all the same size then they are 50mm and with the 59 degree lifter angle this requires a very special ground cam and there was only one place doing it. For big $$$
Check with Brain from IMM or Shady Dell

Found this info on Moparts, quote from Ryan @ Shady Dell…..

They never made a 59* 9" block. 9.20's were lowest 59's made. You can machine one down to 9.0 or lower but none from factory.

All 9" blocks will have no motor mounts & be 48 degree.

If it has mounts it is 9.20 or taller.

You have to be real careful on 9.20" 59 R3, there was a large production run of them machined with wrong cam tunnel. Easy to ID, just look @ #5 cam bearing bore, if it's the same size as the #1 bore, then it has a 48 degree cam tunnel in it.

There used to be no cam cores for those blocks.... But then LSM started making a couple & now Comp & LSM are on wrong page & everytime someone orders a normal 1.998" Journal 48* R3 core from Comp they have been getting 1.998" journal 59 degree LSM cores. I've had multiple people contact me about that screw up including Mark McKeown. So those cores are now out there, but were not really supposed to be. I believe the one guy in OH got TWO of those cams in a row from Comp for his 48* tall deck R3... he was none too pleased, & they were charging him $700+ a pop for them since they were on custom cores. Just a typical mess with companies not paying attention to what they are selling.

Another Quote from Moparts Member….

Unfortunately the casting number doesn't provide the information you're looking for.

Casting P4532907 could have been machined into any of the following part numbers:

P4876381
P5007360
P4876671
P4876791
P5007358

For casting numbers, 907 and 909 are siamese, 908 and 910 are water.

907 is supposed to be machined only into a short/either
9.2 or 9.0 configuration. All are 48 degree except the 791 PN which is 59 degree 9.20.

It's possible someone could have cut a 9.20 to 9.0 and made their own, but as Ryan said MP didn't sell it that way.

That being said it seems that it is a 59*, 9.20 Deck , " Water Pump Bolt holes are close to Intake Valley " 360 Mains, Siamese Bore, Bore size unknown as of now. Cam Journals need to be inspected as well. Seller is verifying all later today.

If you were going to run motor mounts the ears would need to be fixed.

Some of the information is not correct, stating that the block would be 48*, Lifter Valley shows different.

View attachment IMG_6203.jpg

View attachment IMG_6202.jpg

View attachment IMG_6205.jpg

View attachment IMG_6204.jpg

View attachment IMG_6206.jpg

View attachment IMG_6208.jpg

View attachment IMG_6207.jpg

48° blocks don't have round water jackets across the top, they are kinda half moon. I know you figured out this block is 59° but info for future reference

Everyone who keeps asking about info on the block, please scroll through the post and see all posts made by Mad Dart. I'm sure the info posted is what you're looking for as he's been in more contact with the owner of the block more than I.
Thanks and thanks Mad Dart

I am going to pass on this block. Seller has not got back to me on shipping and for the $$, fixing the ears, roller cam core issues etc I am out.

Have at it fellers.

Thanks and sorry Mad Dart. I haven't heard from him either.
I'm just gonna mark the thread as sold. Will post again when and if he gets his ducks in a row.
Sorry everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back