R5 p7

-

swhowell

village idiot
Reaction score
Anybody out there messing with one of these??? I got one that had been run hot (REAL HOT) Need to know some info as to how large they can be bored. Has anyone seen a forged piston where the head (top of the piston ) shrinks from being run hot?? So many different stroke and bore combos!! Who is real good at repairing aluminum heads?? Thanks

might be a long shot, buttt id try calling penske or any of the big nascar teams that used dodge up until this year.. and ask them some general questions.. i have a feeling alot of r5 p7 stuff will be popping up for sale on ebay and else where since dodge has left nascar.. all theyre motors and stuff from the previous seasons have to go somewhere????

Scott Eatmon is very helpful, they will take a 4.25" is most cases. The early Ganassi engine ran this bore size, before Nascar mandated the maximum 4.185" bore size.

If you go on Ebay under used nascar race parts you can but anything you want for these motors cheap cheap even complete dino motors...my be cheaper then repairing what you have............Artie

-
Back