race car carpet

-

mopar4406bbl

Reaction score
I am taking the carpet out of my Duster to go over stick welds with a tig welder, and want to put new carpet back in. I want good looking light weight carpet.Is it best to buy cheap molded carpet and take backing off or can flat carpet be made to look good for a race car. How hard is it to remove backing? Who sells lightweight carpet that is durable?

what do you intend to do with your old carpet? is it in decent shape?

If it were me, I would get a molded carpet. The Jute padding is only 4 small pieces under the area your feet are. The molded piece will look far better for the amount of time that will have to be invested in flat carpet. I have seen some decent jobs with reg. carpet but I cant imagine the time it took to get it that way!8)

If it were me, I would get a molded carpet. The Jute padding is only 4 small pieces under the area your feet are. The molded piece will look far better for the amount of time that will have to be invested in flat carpet. I have seen some decent jobs with reg. carpet but I cant imagine the time it took to get it that way!8)
X2

buy a cheap molded one from some place like jc whitney there real thin,hardly any padding and fit right on .
I went the flat carpet route on a few race cars and it did look okay but really how much weight is the flat really saving.......... Unless theres no back seat then a flat is the way to go to keep it all looking uniform...

i buy rolls of black speakerbox carpet off ebay it wieghs nothing but you have to glue it down. I put bubble insulation down with glue then glue carpet to that it helps with heat and noise with minimal wieght gains.

I have ordered formed carpet from stockinteriors.com 1-866-868-4577. I talked to Jason about what I wanted,he said NO problem.I wanted a lightweight formed carpet for a drag car without a back seat.They are going to make it with an extra 12'' past the mold & no rubber sprayed on or jude padding.carpet should weight about 12 or 13 lb. Should be here with in a week.

I have ordered formed carpet from stockinteriors.com 1-866-868-4577. I talked to Jason about what I wanted,he said NO problem.I wanted a lightweight formed carpet for a drag car without a back seat.They are going to make it with an extra 12'' past the mold & no rubber sprayed on or jude padding.carpet should weight about 12 or 13 lb. Should be here with in a week.

That sound a lot better than the rattle can black carpet I was going to put in my car.

That sound a lot better than the rattle can black carpet I was going to put in my car.

$119.99 carpet
15.00 extra ft.
14.95 shipping American carpet made in Ga.

cut formed & shipped from South Carolina

ordered on thursday said would be shipped on friday
or monday.

$119.99 carpet
15.00 extra ft.
14.95 shipping American carpet made in Ga.

cut formed & shipped from South Carolina

ordered on thursday said would be shipped on friday
or monday.
It would be great if you would give a report on your impressions of it when you get it, and maybe a pic. :-D

-
Back