Race prep 904

-
if it were me & its apart id swap in the wide raito front planet gear set! its a worth while upgrade gives you a better jump outta hole in 1st gear. goes from 2.45:1 to 2.76:1 1st gear raito. ive got 3 complete gear sets if yer intrested.

if it were me & its apart id swap in the wide raito front planet gear set! its a worth while upgrade gives you a better jump outta hole in 1st gear. goes from 2.45:1 to 2.76:1 1st gear raito. ive got 3 complete gear sets if yer intrested.

Steel or Aluminum?

yes there are alum & steel "cages" or whtever you wanna call it. But every wide raito gear (2.76:1 1st gear raito) set ive ever seen has been made from steel. Ill drop a pic shortly if ya wanted to see. The 2.45:1 raito 1st gear sets were both alum or steel also 3 & 4 pin too.

yes there are alum & steel "cages" or whtever you wanna call it. But every wide raito gear (2.76:1 1st gear raito) set ive ever seen has been made from steel. Ill drop a pic shortly if ya wanted to see. The 2.45:1 raito 1st gear sets were both alum or steel also 3 & 4 pin too.

I have a low gear set here that is steel like you say. I believe you…. I am DRUNK in my thought process as usual.

The 904 trans I just built was 2.45 gear set like you are saying.

Thanks for clearing it up. I learnededdd sumfinn tday. Lol

Here are the parts I recieved last week.
DSC_2531_zps996de703.jpg

I received a new set spring and roller for the sprag but there are surface rust on 5 of the rollers. It doesn't feel good to put rusty parts on a critical area like the sprag. When there are rust on the roller it's possible that it be a weaker spot that might be flattened faster by wear? Would you use them on your trans? Feels better to talk to the seller if I have facts if it's a problem.
DSC_2532_zpsd00567cc.jpg

Since it takes awhile to get parts over there, maybe soaking the rollers in some WD-40 & cleaning with some scotchbrite or emery cloth will get rid of the rust. That's if they're not pitted. Or use some of the old rollers if you have any good ones.

If there's any pitting I wouldn't use them. If their not pitted, scotchbrite or emery cloth with some WD-40 like 80Fbody said should do the trick

Thanks for the responses. I had the same idea but I wanted to hear your opinion first. Since I live in Sweden can cheap parts like spring and roller be a little pricey when I had to pay $41 for shipping for them, $50 total for the set. And when I recived them in that condition I wanted to check here first what I should do before I e-mail the seller.

Thanks FABO

-
Back