Race/ slant 6 torsion bars

-
One of the sites i when looking for t bars, would restore you bar by straighten it and then reheat treating it.

With that said if the bar is not perfectly straight, and you put it in a lathe..........you might be asking for it to snap on you as the thickness may not be uniform any more.

I know someone with a lathe.........but i'm chicken to try it for the above reasons.

Well after typing this i decide to call my buddy with the lathe, thinking, with it chucked up you would know if the bar is straight or not. the E/B bars are 41" long......his lathe will only hole 39" in length.

Going back with my stock bar unless i can fined one one with a set of used /6 bars. found someone on the East cost that had a set......but the shipping to Wy would be killer.

Found a lot of stiffness in my front end that will be gone when i put all back together.

unless a t bar lands in my lap i will go back with the 318/340/383 bar that's in it now. when alu heads and fiberglass part land on the front end, is probably when the /6 bars will be a requirement.

And if i realise i need it later on. T- Bar change won't be that hard.

Last edited:
I talked to one machine shop who did it, and they said they will never to it again. The spring steel was so dang strong!

One of the sites i when looking for t bars, would restore you bar by straighten it and then reheat treating it.

With that said if the bar is not perfectly straight, and you put it in a lathe..........you might be asking for it to snap on you as the thickness may not be uniform any more.

I know someone with a lathe.........but i'm chicken to try it for the above reasons.

-
Back