Rad hose for Champion CC374

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking to get a champion rad from Challenger Gary. My current setup has a driver side upper rad hose, and passenger side lower rad hose that goes to a passenger side outlet on the water pump. Gary says that for hoses a small block challenger with A/C should be the correct ones. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience that would otherwise contradict this. I want the hoses to be readily available ones, and want to make sure I know what will fit before I order this. If anybody has part #'s or info about the application that is required for the correct hoses for this setup it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Matthew

I'm using the ones for a '70 Duster 318, which are a perfect fit

Upper would be Gates 20602
Lower is Gates 20958 which is cut to fit.

20130721_191315_zps19773072.jpg

I'm using the ones for a '70 Duster 318, which are a perfect fit

Upper would be Gates 20602
Lower is Gates 20958 which is cut to fit.

20130721_191315_zps19773072.jpg

Your lower is also passenger side outlet on the water pump also?

Yes, its passenger side lower hose. I have that exact radiator and a standard 70+ water pump

awesome man! Thanks for the help! It is much appreciated

I am a bit wary about hoses just because the current hose I have now is one that I had kicking around in the garage...and when I went to the parts store there was not one that was even close to matching it! I spent 45 minutes in the back comparing it to other hoses, and even the hose for my actual application was wrong

I ran that hose for 4 seasons and have been lucky it has not cracked, leaked, broken, etc....I want to be sure that whatever I go with next I can order a couple to have spares as my luck is usually never that good lol

-
Back